Previous Shipmate of the Month

Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Leftover Love Story

good day !!!

my love story started way back in 1987(in ilocos norte) when i was in highschool. i was in third year high school then. im not a braggart but i was always at the top of my class back then, so this must be the reason though i am not that good looking that our class muse became my girlfriend. we got steady all the way to our first year of college. to tell you the truth, i enrolled to the university where she enrolled for the reason that i wanted to be with her, because i love her very much( aside from her being sexy and beautiful, shes also sweet ).

As ive done in my highschool days i was given a full scholarship by the university(both my girlfriend and me took up bs elementary educ, though im not really inclined to take up that course; i just wanted to be near her) I did a good job of studying that i maintained my deanslister status and i know my gf is proud of me but my disillusionment to my course took a different route.

Just before the break on my first year college ive got the chance to take an examination at Philippine merchant marine academy in fort bonifacio and luckily i passed. i took the courage to tell this to my gf hoping that she will support my decision to study here in manila but she countered by saying that since i was a deans lister it is better to finish my course and teach someday. but i insisted on my decision to study in manila to take up marine eng'g and be a seaman someday and this is also for our future! she couldnt do anything but we promised to keep our communication and to keep ourselves from temptations to make our love stronger.

To make the story short, i kept my promise to her while im still studying in PMMA. but i didnt tell her that on my second year in the academy, every cadets(thats what we call ourselves) will have his cadetship program onboard an international sea going vessel for 1 year.
this i told her when i went home in ilocos and paid her a visit( i only have two weeks left before i go onboard) she cried but i made sure we spent the remaining days together happily!

Upon leaving for my assigned ship( i joined port in lisbon, portugal, and my assigned ship is a tanker, that was in 1991) i called her from the airport through phone but her mom told me she didnt want to talk to me! i left with a heavy heart!

while im having my cadetship onboard i never forgot to send her anything that would remind her that i love her( letters, postcards, pictures of me in different countries, etc) but 3 months before my cadetship is over her letters ceased. i tried to call her once when we were in houston but her mom said shes out of the house. i just concluded shes busy! I even bought her a teddybear for my "pasalubong" to her when i get home.

April 4 1992, i got home in ilocos with the teddy bear for my love. I planned of not going to their house but to the university where we both enrolled before to surprise her and to see my former classmates also! the first person i talked to was our(me and my gf) bestfriend who knows of our relationship and who happened to be her neighbor. I ask her where is Rose( her full name is rosebella) but i was shocked when she (our bestfriend) told me that rose is PREGNANT!!! She dropped out of school before Christmas break! all my bestfriend knew is that we broke up before i left!

The teddy bear!? well i gave it to my niece! As for me, i never bothered to ask or confront rose what happened. All i know is my heart stopped beating from that time until just recently when i woke up from that traumatic slumber. Im now 34 years old going to 35 and still single and looking for someone to be with the rest of my life! and im still battling those gigantic waves at sea to have a better life ahead( im a second engr onboard) im on vacation right now!

And thats the reason why my log in ID is leftover72

courtesy of leftover72
Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Welcome to P M M A 2006 Class Site.... Bunkmate!!! enjoy your stay!
Which is your favorite Class Seal 2?
1996 1997 1999 2000 2001 2002

Polls

Which is your favorite Class Seal?
1970 1982 1990 1991 1992 1993